Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Message from Representative McCotter

Dear Friends,

I hope this finds you and your family doing well and getting ready for a wonderful Thanksgiving. As one of your humble public officials - I continue to fight for our conservative principles and values in Michigan, our nation’s capitol, and around the world.

I am writing you today to tell you about legislation affecting your job and your family’s safety. Recently, a House bill tried to ensure communist China’s products could keep coming into our country. I opposed this bill, because I oppose trade with communist China. No amount of money can make communist Chinese imports absolutely safe; and none of your hard-earned money should be spent trying to do it. We must keep communist China’s products out of America, so we can keep our jobs and our kids safe in America.

Importantly, you should also know I introduced legislation, last week, (H. Res. 821) condemning Communist China's discrimination, harassment, imprisonment, torture, and execution of its prisoners of conscience.

I have included a link to a radio interview I did with Frank Beckman on WJR, in which I talk about this and other crucial issues facing Michigan and America. click here to here the interview

Additionally, Human Events published an article I wrote, entitled The Liberty Alliance: Championing Liberty and Dignity in our Human Community. You can read this article online by clicking here.

Finally, an exciting new organization - The Big Red Tent - is dedicated to generating grassroots support through new and innovative ideas, and I am pleased to introduce them to you click here to visit their site.

Thank you for your continued help and support as we face critical challenges to our state and our country. May you and your family enjoy the blessings of liberty during this holiday season.

Sincerely,

Congressman Thaddeus McCotter

No comments: